Song Playlist: Novel*

*interestingly new or unusual.
synonyms: unusual, unfamiliar, unconventional, unorthodox, different, fresh, state-of-the-art.

Lindsey Stirling for LA Press (source: LApress )

First post to talk about my interest in songs! Not sure why am I doing this either. Disclaimer: I don't have any music background but safe to say I've good music sense considering been listening to various music genre since young. Any song can be included if it has great baseline or sincere/deep lyrics (whether it's relevant to me personally or not). My top genre would be hip hop (because I grew up listening to songs from early 2000s era), pop, classical and rock. Alright let's go straight to my list.

1. Sunflower - Younha

This has to top my list. Younha sang about struggling to accept yourself after past-trouble that damage one's soul. These lines I pasted below feel surely close to me. Other than that, the rock base made it hit my heart even  deeper. Recommended!

I’m gonna cherish myself more I love myself
What did I want? I looked back at my nervous self

Don’t think that you’re alone
The past painful memories are not important anymore

2. Devil In Me - Halsey

Halsey's Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (source: thegurdian)

Same with 'Sunflower', Halsey highlighted her problem concerning her bipolar disorder in this masterpiece, beautifully on top of alternative pop composition. Adding layers of echos helps me feeling connected whenever I sing along to I scream too loud if I speak my mind and I don't want to wake it up the devil in me. But I gotta wake up to comeback to life. So much feels in it. I thanks Halsey so much for her genius in writing lyrics because she did it so well on expressing dark emotion.

3. Force of Nature - Bea Miller

Incredibly stunning to describe couple's desire to each other in a welcoming tone. Usually, love songs explain human's chemistry by downplaying opposite gender. But not with Force of Nature. Although I couldn't relate to it, I still find it pleasing to have double guitar harmonically goes together with Beatrice's voice.

I'll be here 'till we collide I don't care if I survive
So crash into me one more time
'Cause you're a force of nature
Look at what you've done
I can taste the danger but I don't wanna run
So pull me to the ground and I won't put up a fight
I'm a caution taker, but baby you're a force of nature

4. My Page - NCT Dream

I've to include this alluring piece pull out by this Korean boy-band. The lyrics are well-written, pretty and deep. Pretty deep. You'll probably expect the song to be slower in tune but caught you there! My Page drop musical instrument and go to tropical house instead. With little boldness in chorus, surely this song stays forever in me. Honestly, you should check out the full lyrics.

At the end of the long path
Will the me that I’ve been looking for, stand there?

So a new ending is a different beginning
Even if this isn’t the right path, I’ll figure it out once I start walking

5. The Arena - Lindsey Stirling

The Arena (source: youtube )

I'm too stupid and not having enough vocabularies to put words for this. Lindsey successfully brings listener in a journey of classical music with her own touch. Particularly in Brave Enough's 3rd track, she is telling us to only compete with yourself and the credits of fighting on the arena belongs to only you.

6. The Last - Agust D

Discovered this heavy mixtape when I searched for expressive people on depression and anxiety. No one can denied that BTS's Suga is one of producer and singer that should be credited for his magical work in addressing mental health. Tho The Last is full-load rap song, his realest alter-ego inclusive make me emotional. Never would I think of crying to this genre. It's unbelievable.

7. Limitless - NCT 127

A sub-unit under NCT brand that managed to bring 90s vibe on a their track! Limitless explain the realm of dream holds by the members to broaden aspiration in music. This song deserve recognition not only to its hip-hop genre, also to its music video which is aesthetically pleasing. If you missed old western vibe, you might consider watching it on Youtube. (The link will direct you to Limitless (Rough Version))

Limitless official music video (source: Youtube)

Glad that we have reach the end of this post. What do you think of my pick? Is't fairly good or is't bad? Well, I said I've good music sense, not great. Nonetheless, hope you enjoy this list and can spend some of your time to give it a listen (if you haven't) to any of the songs.

From soundtrack to rock and anything in between, whatever suits the saying, "music to my ear", definitely will find spot in my music playlist.






Comments