To Whom Should I Thank For

  Am already in the 3rd week of my 2nd semester of 2016 academic year. Am already 4 months away for my industrial training which I wish to just be 30 minutes by car from my house because economy is getting worse and I am a cheapskate to withdraw my savings on gas and toll (read: I prioritize money on food). Emerging to a more intense semester I have definitely spend more times reflecting my past mistakes in studying and socializing or communicating whatever you call it.

Long story short, for the very first time ever my semester pointer skyrocket.. Legit. You may imagine me screaming in front of my laptop's screen scrolling my result for hundreds time to feel amaze of my grade. But rather than that, I felt a bit strange. It is like the Lord is trying to sent me a clue. Some sort of message to wake me up from dreaming. It was like He was showing me His ultimate power of almighty.

  Of course I did some listing to compare myself from previous semester to this glorious one. What I did, what have I improved, what have I corrected, whom have I met. Whom?

 Then the 'light bulb scene' happened.

 During semester break, I have volunteered to be a temporary Physics tutor at my alma mater because their Physics teacher had maternity leave for 3 months. It was quick. My former class teacher asked for help. I volunteered. The next thing I remember was me standing in front of form 4 students for my first class, a week later. I worked there only for a month due to limited time for holidays. That was my first experience ever in teaching at school.

 Done that. Let's fast forward to the 2nd week after the 1st semester started. I've joined a volunteer program at Aceh, Indonesia. (You can watch a recap of my trip here). We went to one of the orphanage house, visiting the children who became orphan in a blink of eye after the Tsunami tragedy on 26th December, 2004. Towards the end of our program, the children led by their caretaker, made a du'a for us. They wished those volunteers will be successful in life no matter what we do to compensate our charity.

And one said, a pray made by an orphan is always granted. No hijab.


 From these two events I've concluded my excellent result was actually because of the children's prayer and also God's way to pay for my volunteering in teaching. It made me tears every time I think of it. Our kindness will always get paid. Probably not in solid evidence (read: money or materialistic stuff). But God has made His promise to every single soul;

"You will get what you give."

Regardless of that thought, another thing that I've wanted to question- to whom should I thank for in life for this goosebumps scenario? Should it be my mom? For telling me about the volunteer program? My former teacher for taking me as temporary tutor? Or myself for accepting it? There must be a soul that I can hug to lay my appreciation to.


To whom should I thank for?

Comments