My Past Obsession

Wasn't a real fanatic one tho. Was more a simpler fan. Bought their albums (I bought 3 to be precised) but not to the extend hang up their poster on my bedroom wall. Never have I ever went to any Kpop concert before or even thought slightly of going to. You could say I'm a nerd fan.

  Two days ago, I went through my music files to play some songs. My arrow was hovering on the screen until it stopped at 'Korean' music files. And I was like, 'It has been ages!'. Back then when I was a Kpop fan, EXO and Girls' Generation were two my favourite groups. It's so weird to think because I like English songs as well. Jojo and Hillary Duff are indeed have the best music! However, why I didn't buy their official goods?

Jojo (Source: Ecorazzi)

  At first, I chose not to listen to the file again but somehow without I realized, Dont Go by EXO has already played. While listening, I made a reflection and questioning myself, 'Why did I like them before?'. What made me decided to stan them? What they did that attracted me to buy their official goods? How did I fall to the Korean trend and had dare to purchase physical albums? I'm still and really mad the fact I had mindlessly liked a trend. Anyway, I was a teen. I forgave you, younger me.

"But since when you left Kpop?"

 I recalled it happened when I studied in matriculation college. I stopped watching Korean MVs and eventually rarely spend time on that platform. Next, I had put away all unnecessary thing on fan-girling and direct that energy towards studying. Matriculation's schedule is tight! I'm not a bright student, hence I became so focus, poured all my attention to assignments and classes. Still socialize, but online? I threw that away.

 Then, I remembered all the times wasted during secondary school for Kpop. Wasted and gone.

 I just could have liked their songs without being obsessed, right? I just could have known their name without the need to watch every single show they have appeared on TV. In a more wise realization, I believe we should treat entertainment in general as temporary because it wouldn't last long. You know what last? Your grade. If I didn't obsessed on Kpop that much, all that wasted time could turn to long study hours. For younger me to get better grades.

  My point is not about managing our time better between study and teenage's interest. What I am trying to deliver is, entertainment is there for a flip second. Don't over do anything when it comes to giving your time to idols you're a big fan of. Don't be obsessed.

  The last thing I've heard from EXO was there were 2 members that left the group. Also heard about Jessica's departure from Girls' Generation but I couldn't care less. That was like 2 years ago. Have no idea what's happening to them now. Probably preparing for another comeback. Cliche.

Girls' Generation (Source: Casio Baby-G)

And as I wrote this post, am listening to EXO's old album 'Kiss and Hug' to admire the composition of my once-favourite-album, just once again.

No longer obsessing over them because I have grown up.
I have grown matured enough to understand what matters, and what last.

Comments