They Say Choose Your Hard; So I Choose Long Commute


 I choose to commute hours away to work. Despite several roadblock exist inconsistently that make me re-calculate my actual commute timing so I can leave my house at appropriate time, to arrive at my workplace at appropriate time. I choose to drive long hour back to my house so I can use this as an excuse to clock out earlier compared to other. Although it is not going to make any difference since they will reach home first, when I still be driving on the highway.

 We can't have all nice things at once. At one point, I choose to shorten my social times on working day since I need to get ready for 8 hours recommended sleep time. Albeit my sleep never check a full eight. I choose to ignore others who are not worth to chat with because I only have few hours (specifically, in minutes) left to spend with loved ones before the clock hit 9 o'clock, commanding my body to rest.

But I'm determine to wake up early to hit the road the next day because I prefer to be chill getting ready at dawn. While that also means I will be holding onto my daily coffee till the day I die. Another advice here, it is not advisable to drive when you are sleepy.

I choose this. This is my hard.

 A close person of mine asked, "Why don't you just move closer? It's unsettling knowing you driving back and forth." They* were attentive. They* cared. To which I genuinely thankful for for their* concern. After a long thought, I pick this nonetheless before my new colleague find out about my hometown. 

Cliché take we have read, over and over again. Yet, it hits home when real situation presented before us. Everything is hard. If you are not smart but you wish to pursue toughest course, it's going to be rough to answer all brainy question when other students simply click. When you are not financially stable but you decide to start a small business, it's going to hurt to outsource your capital before your real venture kick start. Some of us hold on to mounting works on desk, even when it's going to crash them. They decide on them. And you settle on your choice, in spite of friends conferred differently during your one hour break.

You choose your hard.

Like everyone else. I chose my hard.

So I choose long commute.


they*

a gender neutral referencing to particular person on scene, to not disclose the said person's identity


Comments